Weight loss is a process that doesn’t always happen as quickly as you might like. While healthy weight loss can take time, there are reasons you might not be losing weight that are worth considering as you gauge your progress.
There are many things that can influence weight loss, some of which may be more obvious than others. It’s worth considering all of them as you work to make changes that will get you results.
- Starvation is one of the major causes of “not losing weight”. Now a days, Most of the people eat too little or else take an extremely low cal diet, In order to lose weight or to stay slim. But this kind of diet intake causes malabsorption of nutrients and slows down metabolism. The best way to lose weight is to opt for a balanced and nutritious diet which may boost your metabolism and help losing weight.
- Protein is the single most important nutrient for losing weight.Eating protein at 25–30% of calories can boost your metabolism by 80–100 calories per day and make you automatically eat several hundred fewer calories per day. It can also drastically reduce cravings and desire for snacking.
- Binge eating is a common side effect of dieting. It involves rapidly eating large amounts of food, often much more than your body needs.Binge eating is a significant problem for many dieters. Some of them binge on junk food, while others binge on relatively healthy foods, including nuts, nut butters, dark chocolate, cheese, etc.Even if something is healthy, its calories still count. Depending on the volume, a single binge can often ruin an entire week’s worth of dieting.
- Good sleep is one of the most important factors for your physical and mental health, as well as your weight.Studies show that poor sleep is one of the single biggest risk factors for obesity. Adults and children with poor sleep have a 55% and 89% greater risk of becoming obese, respectively . Six to eight hours sleep must for a healthy weight loss.
- Drinking water can benefit weight loss. If you follow a low cal ,healthy and Balanced diet program but dont drink enough water, then you will not lose weight.Three to four litres of water is must to flush out toxins from your body.
- Lack of fibre in your diet may cause obstacles in weight loss. If you eat healthy, low cal and low carb diet but not taking ample amount of fibre, you would not lose weight. Fruits, salads, oat bran, wheat bran, chia seeds, Gond katira, barley sattu are good sources of fiber.
- Stress is one of the major reasons of “not losing weight”.Generally people take lot of stress when they start their weight loss journey. To avoid this stress, dont check weight daily.Check it once or twice a week and follow your exercise and diet regimen without getting stressed.
- If you do weight training 3-6 days a week, then you will gain muscle mass. Muscles mass makes you gain weight which is not bad at all.In such cases, progress is measured in inches with measuring tape instead of checking weight on weighing scale.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D , calcium, Haemoglobin and vitamin B12 , obstructs weight loss/fat loss. Make sure you get these investigations done every six months from a clinical laboratory and get your diet chart from a nutritionist/ dietitian for the recovery of these deficiencies.
- Sedentary lifestyle sometimes becomes a reason of ” no weight loss” in many cases. Some people eat healthy , low cal and fibrous food and still gain weight. They should understand the fact that minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity is mandatory for blood circulation and proper functioning of our digestive system.
Although it is often possible to lose weight fast in the beginning, very few people can continue to lose weight at a rate of more than 1–2 pounds per week. Diet Care promote healthy living, fitness and wellness by providing you a personalized balanced diet that is going to match your lifestyle and will guide you to loose weight.